We understand what businesses are exactly looking for today – efficiency with cost saving. And we exactly know how to implement the same. Be it relishing a delicious meal at a restaurant or creating one. We are pioneers in providing reliable piped gas solutions.
Why LPG and PNG?
LPG / PNG can be transported, stored, and used virtually anywhere in the world. It does not require a fixed network and will not deteriorate over time.
LPG / PNG is very clean burning and has lower greenhouse gas emissions than any other fossil fuel when measured on a total fuel cycle.
LPG / PNG can be accessible to everyone everywhere today without major infrastructure investment. Nothing needs to be invented and there are enough reserves to last many decades.
LPG / PNG is cost-effective, since a high proportion of its energy content is converted into heat. LPG can be up to five times more efficient than traditional fuels, resulting in less energy wastage.
LPG / PNG is a multi-purpose energy. There are more than a thousand applications, from cooking, heating, air conditioning and transportation, to cigarette lighters and even the Olympic torch.
A very important step in saving money is to invest it smartly. This is exactly what we do to make it easy on your pockets. Fuel conversion to LPG is a necessity, rather essential.
The downstream process in industrial LPG solution also includes conversion of fuel. To understand why Fuel conversions are done it is important to note the advantages of LPG over other energy sources.
It is important here to understand the harmful effects of other heating substitutes like oil, coal, wood, diesel, electricity etc.
- Emission of greenhouse gases like Carbon Dioxide, Sulphur dioxide, Carbon Monoxide
- Pollution of water and earth affecting the ecology
- High Health and environmental risks
- High Costs
- High emission of toxic gases and wastes like SO2, Nitrogen Oxide, Ash etc.
- Ease of operation is low
- Heating value is low as compared to LPG
- Creates health hazards for people who are in close contact with Coal
- Creates High power of radiation
- Ecological Disruption due to acid rains on burning of coal
- Risk of accidental fires
- High residual wastage
- Improper for industrial applications as the required energy consumption is high.
- High health risks
- High Cost
- Risks of Human life
- High Maintenance issues
To understand the importance of LPG and PNG over other energy sources it is important to understand their properties first
Properties of LPG:
- LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas mainly consists of Butane(C₄H₁ₒ) & Propane(C₃H₈) and saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons
- LPG is colourless and odourless and hence Ethyl Mercaptan is added in large quantity as an odourant to detect LPG in case of leakage
- LPG is heavier than air and hence vapour LPG settles on ground pits, sewers etc. in case of leakage
- LPG is lighter than water and floats on the surface
- LPG requires specific air ratios to burn, and has a narrow flammability range between 2% -10% by volume
- LPG is either liquid or vapour. It is in liquid form when under pressure, and becomes vapour when the pressure is released
- As a fuel, LPG has explosive properties
- The net calorific value of LPG is approximately 11400 kcal/unit
Properties of PNG
- PNG or Piped Natural Gas consists mainly of methane(CH₄) and hydrocarbons
- PNG is colourless and odourless and hence Ethyl Mercaptan is added in large quantity as an odorant to detect LPG in case of leakage
- PNG is lighter than air, hence the gas evaporates in the atmosphere
- PNG is only partly soluble in water
- PNG requires specific air ratios to burn, and has flammability range between 5%-15% by volume
- As a fuel. PNG has flammable properties
- The net calorific value of PNG is approximately 8500 kcal/unit
- In India, PNG is available thanks to the creation of the All India Gas Grid by GAIL
Pune Gas and our company have been associated for more than half a decade now. They proactively have changed the entire heating infrastructure with the use of LPG which has made our systems more efficient and save on costs drastically. Pune Gas combined valuable experience to make the installation painless and hassle free. More importantly, the after sales service, in terms of training and general system operation was handled promptly by extremely knowledgeable engineers who have been in the industry for many years. Keep up the good work and we look forward to continuing our great relationship for the foreseeable futureMr Rathod