LOT (Liquid Off Take) systems make use of a LOT valve (Figure 1). The valve pulls the liquid LPG from the cylinder and supplies it to the vaporizer.
- Check the connection for any leakages.
- Close the isolation ball valve of the hose of the cylinder to be replaced.
- Depressurize the hose and check for any cracks, twists & kinks, etc.
- Replace the empty cylinder and refit the hose post deflating the airlock in the hose.
- Cap the empty cylinder and store it in a cool dry place until it goes for refilling.
- Regular training needs to be given to the operators.
- Operators shall wear cotton clothes only. The use of synthetic clothes may generate a static charge.
- Operators shall use hand gloves to prevent the skin from cold burn in case of any accidental LPG leakage.
- Cylinders must be tightly secured during transit.
- Cylinders must not be rolled. Proper cylinder hand trucks should be used to lift the cylinders.